AirGuard (Floor Grommets)
Data centers require large amounts of cool air to maintain optimal temperature to keep servers functioning properly. Cool air migration or leakage through cable openings in data center floors bypassing servers can lead to a drastic inefficient use of cool air and wasted energy dollars.
Research on the effectiveness of brushed grommets in reducing bypass airflow within raised floor data centers found that Air-Guard brushed grommets reduced bypass airflow by over 97%.
With the installation of Air-Guard brush grommets, an immediate energy savings benefit is realized. These products significantly minimize cool air loss, while improving static air pressure to cool data center equipment, helping to prevent expensive electrical equipment from overheating.
Air-Guard floor grommets are a simple inexpensive solution to promote more efficient cooling of your data center.
With Air-Guard floor grommets you get:
- A choice of three different types of grommets; brush, rubber gasket or a hybrid version that incorporates both technologies.
- A reduction in airflow bypass resulting in less air loss and improved static pressure.
- Increased cooling capacity, less energy wasted and an overall cost savings.
- Reduced debris and contaminants entering the underfloor airspace.
- Extended life of cooling equipment.
- A product constructed with flame retardant ABS polycarbonate material.
- UL 94 VO rated product based on the test for flammability of plastic materials.
- A product that meets NFPA 75 and NEC 645.5 standards for information technology equipment.
- A U.S. Department of Energy recommended data center best practice.
Airflow Management + Air-Guard = Industry Best Practice
Airflow managment, the preventing of cold and hot air mixing in a data center, is the most common way to increase a data center's energy efficiency while increasing its cooling capacity. Installing brush grommets on a data centers raised floor to conceal the holes created by power and network data cables is an airflow management best practice. The Air-Guard® Cable Seal product line, from PDU Cables, is a line of products designed to seal access floor holes required for cable routing through the data center raised floor. An immediate energy savings benefit is realized by using the Air-Guard Cable Seal floor grommets. These products significantly minimize cool air loss, while improving the static pressure to effectively cool data center equipment, which helps prevent expensive electrical equipment from overheating.
The Air-Guard family of products:
- Flush Mount - 116-800-001
- Extreme - 116-800-015
- 5" Round - 116-800-050
- Brat - 116-800-030
- Surface Mount - 116-800-003
- Surface Mount Brush Kit -116-800-100
- 12" Brush Kit - 116-800-020
- 24" Brush Kit - 116-800-022
- AirBlock 6" Round (Brush Option) - 116-800-060
- AirBlock 6" Round (Rubber Gasket) - 116-800-010
- AirBlock 4" Square - 116-800-080
- AirBlock 4" x 8" Rectangular - 116-800-070
- AirBlock 3-1/2" Round - 116-800-040
The AirGuard Split Extreme is made with the same heavy duty double lay...$75.00
The AirGuard Extreme is a heavy duty double layer gasket system, incor...$75.00
The award winning AirGuard Flush Mount is the ideal cable seal when ma...$75.00
AirGuard 5" Round offers the most energy efficient superior dual seali...$37.00
AirGuard Surface Mount provides a quick and easy way to seal existing ...$79.00
AirGuard 12" Flush Mount Brush Kit is perfect for sealing openings in ...$98.00
AirGuard 24" Flush Mount Brush Kit is perfect for sealing larger openi...$115.00
AirGuard's AirBlock 6" Round (Brush Option) cable grommet provides exc...$43.00
The AirBlock 3.5" Round cable grommet with its single .5", expandable ...$24.00