Unit Bonding Conductor Kit (UBC)
Telecommunications equipment is sensitive to electrical disturbances. While minimum grounding requirements within the power distribution system are designed for personal safety and fire prevention purposes, data center downtime and damage to equipment as a result of inadequate grounding can cost an organization millions of dollars.
Proper grounding is the most important factor in reliable network equipment performance. According to the IEEE, power distribution grounding is almost never sufficient to prevent damage to network equipment.
- Unit bonding conductors are used to bond telecommunication equipment to vertical or horizontal rack bonding busbars.
- Each unit bonding conductor is a flexible stranded 6 AWG green insulated cable with two, two-hole tinned copper compression lugs.
- Lug terminations are available in 45-degree, 90-degree and straight options.
1 – Unit bonding conductor (UBC), (available in 6” increments from 12” to 48”).
2 - Thread forming screws each size; 10-32 x ½”, 12-24 x ½”, M4 x 8mm, M5 x 12mm, M6 x 12mm.
1 – 5cc tube of antioxidant, to ensure a bond between the cable and the grounding busbar.
- Our Unit Bonding Conductor Kit comes standard with the most common lug configuration - 1/4" hole size with the 45 and 90 degree lugs include 2-hole configuration with 5-8" spacing between holes, the straight lugs are a slotted with a spacing that accomodates 5/8" to 3/4" between holes.
- Custom lengths and additional lug options with different hole sizes and spacing are available upon request, call (866) 631-4238, and ask for a sales representative.
- Your choice of a variety of grounding clamps sold separately, select one that fits your needs.
Terminal Lug Options Explained