Tap-off boxes are used to draw power from the busway. The tap-off boxes have a special plug head (mast) which inserts into the busway track slot. Twist the tap-off box 90 degrees to make electrical connection. The copper blades in the mast fit into the busbar channel inside the busway track for a compression connection. Power tap-off boxes are available in different configurations and capacities, ranging from single-phase 120 V to three-phase 415V/240V. The tap-off boxes typically contain circuit breakers and outlets or a drop cord with a receptacle.
PDU Cables is now the exclusive distributor of Busway Solutions tap-off boxes. Busway Solutions has engineered a series of tap-off boxes designed specifically to accommodate "U" shaped open channel busway track systems like the Starline T5 Track Busway system.
For a free quote contact us at 1-(866)-631-4238 or email@example.com.
The Safer Tap-Off Box
• Busway Solutions tap-off boxes are a superior alternative to traditional proprietary plug-in boxes.
• Used to distribute (tap-off) power from any “U” shaped open channel busway like Starline Track Busway.
• Features patent pending dual mounting tabs for safer more secure connection.
• Upgraded to #8AWG wire, standard on all boxes.
• Available in a wide range of device configuration.
• Each tap-off box includes customer specified breakers, and wiring devices as a complete pretested ready to connect assembly.
• Larger conductor surface area for greater contact.
• Patented Inhibitor (directional indicator) assures proper de-installation to prevent plug mast damage.
• Powder coated light gray 16 Ga. Steel enclosure compatible with E12, E28 and E36 plug-in boxes with standard in-box and drop cord configurations.
• Certified compliant by ETL to UL 857.
• Manufacturers limited warranty covers any defect in workmanship or materials for two years from the date of purchase.
• Upgrade option to #6 AWG wire for hihg density applications and multi-circuit boxes.
• Factory installed utility grade metering options available (call for more information).
For maximum safety follow NFPA 70e guidelines for proper installation and de-installation of tap-off boxes from busway power distribution systems.